Tuesday, January 5, 2010

God Knows The End At The Beginning

I read today in Isaiah 40:31 a scripture that always moves me, 'Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.' It seems odd that at the beginning of a new year I should be dealing with the subject of waiting, but I'm convinced that if we approached every new year with patience and faith we'd get the most out of our year. Instead of taking the reins this year I am resolved to allow Him to drive. To really allow Him to drive and to wait for Him to lead.

How when I am such a control freak am I going to allow God to drive you ask? Easy. If you wake up and as the Bible says, seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and God's righteousness He will add all the rest. This implies that we have little to do except seek Him and wait for Him to add the rest of what we need to our days. It really makes it all very simple. If you know you're covered then you can relax and enjoy each day of 2010 right? Right!

Well, not always. Sometimes we are downright addicted to worrying. But, worry is a sin. And, if all my worrying had ever changed one little thing I'd have worried myself up a river. Jesus said to cast your cares upon Him because He cares for you. So right now let's cast our cares to the foot of the altar. C'mon, surrender them. My favorite prayer has always been God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference!

Care #1) I refuse to worry about my son's basketball coach playing him and not playing him for no reason. Joshua did nothing to win at Jericho except what the Lord told him and God brought the walls down and gave him the city. He will handle the coach. He will handle the team. He will handle the betrayals by those close to my son on the team. My scorn does not have to be worse than Hell's because someone is messing with my son's dream! My God is bigger and I am silently going to watch Him move.

Care #2) This year I resolve to shine for Jesus in my actions not just my talk.

Care #3) This year...

OK, the two above will challenge me greatly enough. Maybe I will leave things here for now.

In any case as you get your resolutions for the year on the table write them down, and then let them go. Walking with God means waiting on God. Waiting on God means walking with Him. A big part of it for sure.Remeber what Isaaih said, those who wait will rise up on wings like eagles. Have you ever seen an eagle soar? It's pretty majestic. I like the idea of a majestic flight this year.

OK, gotta run to a meeting. I fell asleep writing yesterday's blog last night with the computer on my lap so it's getting to you this morning. I ask anyone who might read this to pray for me. Pray that God's will of restoration be done today in my life! Pray that God will use me to bring something good into the room at NBC and to touch someone's heart with His love that moves in me.

For now... peace out from your 'hip girl guide.' Are you getting more spiritual yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE to hear your feedback and/or questions! Gd bless your day!!!