Friday, June 17, 2011

Use Your Light!!!

Lately I had been going thru a few "storms," but today I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel ... then I realized the light wasn't at the end of the tunnel at all. It had been in my hand the whole time ... I just hadn't turned it on.

No, I am not referring to a flashlight … but to the Word of God. Wait. This is for EVERYONE. Sometimes we get so caught up and bent out of shape in what we see in the natural, that we forget who is really in control. God never promised us that our lives would be smooth sailing all the time, but He did promise us that He would never leave us or forsake us. So when we find ourselves in distress, we need to stop focusing on the storm and turn our attention back to the one who commands the storms to rage or to be still.

There is nothing happening in our lives that surprises God. He isn’t looking at us wondering, “oh my, how did this happen or how are we going to handle this?” There is nothing, absolutely nothing that is impossible for God. I have SEEN miracles. I have experienced, first hand, God talking to me in my spirit and through other people where I KNEW it was Him. I don't need to convince you if you don't have faith, but I promise you that the principles of faith work. Like most people, we have all tried different things, yet the power of God that is displayed when employing the principles of faith found in my Bible are beyond compare. That's why I sold out to it. I have come to believe and my belief evidences itself more and more as I study, seek, and challenge God to be God in my life.

Our greatest storms don’t affect Him and we don’t have to let them affect us either if we would utilize the tool (the light of wisdom) that God has provided us through His Word. The Book of Proverbs is like a play by play rule book for Life, Relationships, Business, and Love. The Psalms lead us into wisdom, peace, and comfort. The Gospels teach us about the greatest man, spirit, God, and power, to ever walk on earth, and leave us knowing that Jesus is the summary of everything spoken by the prophets over thousands of years.

While stress and worry were building up within me about the situations around me, God’s Word was instructing me to have faith.

“Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.” Ephesians 6: 16

While I was panicking about the doctor’s report on a health issue, God’s word was saying that by His stripes I was healed.

“But he was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

While I was confused about what the next steps were in my life, God’s word was saying He would direct my paths.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

While I was ready to give someone a serious piece of my mind, God’s word reminded me to guard my tongue.

“And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.” James 3:6

While I was devastated at the current state of a relationship, a work situation, or my life in general, God’s word reminded me that all things work together for my good.

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

So stop fumbling around in the dark in the midst of your storm, whatever your storm is, and turn on your light … the Word and wisdom of God.

Scripture of the day: "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” - Psalm 119:105 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE to hear your feedback and/or questions! Gd bless your day!!!